- Measuring cell migration in response to a variety of biochemical stimuli
- Screening, studying, or characterizing compounds that influence cell migration/chemotaxis
- Highly sensitive fluorometric methods to measure cell migration/chemotaxis
- Simple, high-throughput-adaptable protocols
- Reproducible, quantitative assays suited for adherent and suspension cells
Cell Migration/Chemotaxis Assay Kits
Cell migration is a highly integrated, multi-step process by which cells move from one location to another. Cell motility is observed in unicellular organisms and is essential for the development and maintenance of multicellular organisms. Cells often migrate in response to specific external stimuli, including chemical and mechanical signals.
As cell migration plays an important role in various cellular processes such as angiogenesis, embryonic development, and the immune response, alterations in this process can lead to a number of pathologies including vascular disease, tumor formation and metastasis, atherosclerosis, arthritis and cognitive impairment.
PromoKine’s Cell Migration/Chemotaxis and Cell Invasion Assay Kits are easy to use, sensitive and adaptable to high-throughput systems. The Cell Migration Assay Kits utilize a Boyden chamber, where the cells migrate through a semi-permeable membrane (available with three different pore sizes) in response to stimulatory or inhibitory compounds. Cell migration can be analyzed directly by reading fluorescence (Ex/Em = 530 nm/590nm) in a plate reader.